Sign in to follow this  
NoWizardJustYet

Transitions between calibrated cameras

Hello there 🙂

I'm still pretty new to Cinema and currently using it for a project where I have to recreate 2D images/scenes in 3D in a very specific way - in this case it is a painting. So I managed to set up a calibrated camera and project all the parts of the image onto objects and it looks pretty cool, I can move around in the scene and animate camera movements.

So now here is the challenge: There is a camera zoom into a frame where the same scene is playing out - so the goal is to create a loop. We are in a room and through a frame we can se the exact same room. So I thought I just through everything into a Null, duplicate and move and scale it to the position behind the frame. The problem is that the projection does not work anymore. I can't get the calibrated camera to move without deleting the calibrated camera tag. 

So the question I'm asking myself is - How do I composite these 2 scenes together? Should I try to build the whole scene in Cinema and if so how can I set up multiple calibrated cameras where I want them to? Or should I composite the different parts in After Effects? (though I have no idea how I can make it so that there is one smooth camera pan). 

Does anyone here have some advice? 🙂 

Hi,

Use stage object

Dane

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, the video is interesting but this is not the issue. I will post a drawing to make clearer what I'm trying to achieve - it is the duplicating und positioning of the 2nd sccene (in orange) that is troubling me. Because the scene is set up with camera calibration und Camera projection on the materials.

sketch.jpg

• Topic Author
  • I solved it - I needed to duplicate the scene with a null, duplicate the camera projector with the camera calibrator tag as well and then assign the duplicated Camera to every material in my 2nd scene instead of the original camera. Then I had to delete the camera calibrator and voilà - I could move the whole scene around with a null object and place it where it needs to be.