Sign in to follow this  
John Smith

Transform Individual Clones by axes

Hi,

I've got a simple sphere that has been broken down into individual polygons. Each of the polygons have had their individual AXES moved to the edges of the respective polygons.

I would like to ROTATE and SCALE each polygon by their own AXES. I would like to use Mograph and effectors to have fine control of the effect if possible.

I've tried: cloner, polyfx, and plain effectors to control the scale and rotation, but the polygons rotate/scale from their centers...not their modified axes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, just let me know!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 12.39.54 PM.jpg

Since you have polygons as individual objects use Fracture. Convert all those polys into individual nulls (you can do it in one go) and assign them as parent. Then apply plain effector and you will be able to rotate them from their null axis

• Topic Author
  • 18 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

Since you have polygons as individual objects use Fracture. Convert all those polys into individual nulls (you can do it in one go) and assign them as parent. Then apply plain effector and you will be able to rotate them from their null axis

Yes, this seems to work. Thanks so much.