Sign in to follow this  
MikeMac

Really Basic Spline Question

Hey everyone...

I'm following along Ciniversity's Space Station tutorial, and I have become hung up on the first step (a very frustrating way to begin a 16 hour tutorial). The task is very simple: using the Spline Pen, draw a series of straight line segments: a mix of vertical, horizontal and angled; then switch to the Spline Arc tool and draw a rather large arc. This should all be a single spline path, and that is no problem until I come to the arc part. I draw my straight segments no problem, then I switch tools while the existing spline is still active, and the Spline Arc starts drawing from the last point I created. So far so good. Using the grid for reference (with various snap functions enabled) I am able to drag the arc over to where it needs to end, but as soon as I click to commit to a point at that position it simply deselects the spline I've been working on without creating the arc section. 

I have done and redone this several times and am ready to toss my workstation out the window. What basic thing am I getting wrong? Attached is my project file, as well as a screen grab from the tutorial showing what I am trying to create. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Mike

TutorialGrab.jpg

Station 01.c4d

Click to place the first point, then release mouse button. Then move mouse to end point, click again, AND HOLD whilst you drag to refine / set segments etc.

Now when you let go, the spline should stay...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Click to place the first point, then release mouse button. Then move mouse to end point, click again, AND HOLD whilst you drag to refine / set segments etc.

Now when you let go, the spline should stay...

CBR

I knew it would be something simple like that. Thank you so much!