Sign in to follow this  
Langley

Emitter shape direction

Hi all

I have an emitter that will basically be a set of bubbles so nice and straight forward. What Im trying to do though is have the bubbles eventually taper in almost like they're being sucked towards a hole. I found that by using the taper deformer it does this but also distorts the bubbles and im trying to keep them pretty much as their rounded shape. Am I going about this the wrong way or is there a simpler method to do this? All help appreciated.

Thanks

Lang

emitter_taper.c4d

Well you wanna taper the path of the particles rather than the geometry - that way you won't affect the particles at all.

The standard emitter has Forces which can control your particle movement in the scene, but there aren't so many types of those, and they are more difficult to predict and control than deformers. For example an attractor with a falloff could do the kind of thing you want, but would be hard to make particles taper in anything but the most general sort of way. We can probably do better with a TP setup, but no expert on that myself, so we should wait for those that are too tell you what that can do... failing that it's a total breeze with XParticles !

CBR

Hi, if you are using TP then you could use a smaller object as attracter or use a cone shape object as a collider.

CBR got there first.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks guys much appreciated.

CBR, how do you taper the path of the particles? Ive tried searching for info on this and cant find anything or anything in the emitter itself that may give me a clue. Unfortunately I don't have X-Particles either.

Thanks

Lang

Hi,

In Thinking Particles Presets you have an example called tp_nozzle. It's a good starting point. Adjust orientation of emitter and control splines, add some colliding object as digitvisions mentioned..
    tp_nozzle.c4d

tp-nozzle.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Forgot about those presets, cheers Voytech.

Lang

The MoGraph Matrix can be deformed by deformers. So clone matrices onto your particles, deform the matrices and clone your bubbles onto the matrices to keep them from being deformed. Example attached. 

matrix_deform_particles.c4d