Put them in a loft ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Put them in a loft ?

CBR

Does not work unfortunately.

yuxoPZg.png

Well it does work ! That is exactly what I'd expect it to do ! How do you want your surface to be different to that ? Define 'nice' !

And always upload the c4d file so we can truly appreciate what you are working with...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Cerbera said:

Well it does work ! That is exactly what I'd expect it to do ! How do you want your surface to be different to that ? Define 'nice' !

CBR

Its gonna be a front fender for a car so I want the surface between the splines to be straight

How can the surface be straight - the 2 splines are totally different profiles !!?

The way to make cars for HQ render is not to do it with splines like this. You can build it out of spline patches, but you wouldn't try and bridge 2 massively discrepant curves like that - of course there will be unpleasant lines in it - you haven't given it enough information to avoid that ! You can try varying the interpolation settings for the 2 splines to try and match their edge counts, which may improve things, but I would bet it doesn't really solve the issue because you are not in control of the topology, which needs to adequately describe the surface you are trying to make. Polygons and subdivision are the best way to make this, where you have adequate control over both. Cinema is not a NURBS modeller, which seems to be the service into which you are trying to press it...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

The way to make cars for HQ render is not to do it with splines like this. You can built it out of spline patches, but you wouldn't try and bridge 2 massively discrepant curves like that - of course there will be unpleasant lines in it - you haven't given it enough information to avoid that !

CBR

Alright! Any ideas on how I can use the spline shown in the image below to extend the fenders? 

Any tips/tricks would be appreciated

WsrRgQx.png

Again, I'll ask you to upload the scene file... I can't really help you without that.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Cerbera said:

Again, I'll ask you to upload the scene file... I can't really help you without that.

CBR

My bad!

C8_test.c4d

image.thumb.png.6528c9317e4d6f3cae726f1f09503b4d.png

OK. Wow - where did you get that from ?! This model is properly horrendous topology from start to finish 🤮, and nothing about it will help you model additional things onto it ! Whilst I grant you it is producing a viable surface with no appreciable render artefacts, that is really ALL we can say about it, other than that most our modelling tools won't work with it because of all the mesh errors. Here's for example Mesh Checker is highlighting all the erroneous borders in this mesh, which may cause you all sorts of problem later... nor can this mesh work with subdivision...

image.thumb.png.b047bdd0981328ef8fbecdbc21fed750.png