Sign in to follow this  
Freemorpheme

Bitmap projection in UV layout

Hey there, 

I have some bitmaps I have made at the correct size to drop onto my object to completely fill certain polygons. C4D handles this very well when you make a polygon selection, (I think it embeds a unique UV layout into each material tag you apply?)

But if I have unwrapped the object, all this goes to hell and I need to apply the textures manually in UV Edit mode, which is like being waterboarded.

Is there a way to preserve C4D's ability to instantly project a correctly sized bitmap onto a poly or group of polys after it has been UVd? What I want is a 'Fit to Polys' command, like the 'Fit to Region' command we already have.

1 hour ago, Freemorpheme said:

Is there a way to preserve C4D's ability to instantly project a correctly sized bitmap onto a poly or group of polys after it has been UVd?

Not that I know of, but shouldn't alternative workflow be able to circumvent this situation / need arising  in the first place ? What about doing your business with direct polygon mapping, then using the Set UV from Projection command ? There may well be a good reason why that won't work for you, but if there isn't it might be an answer...

CBR