Sign in to follow this  
Olly Venning

Help with asset inspector / texture re-linking

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble using some stock 3d models, because of how the textures aren't linking properly. This is probably due to me not understanding how c4d manages it's textures properly... but any help would be appreciated! BTW, I'm using R21

I have a bunch of stock meshes from poliigon, each has their own folder, c4d scene with redshift ready shader, and textures. If I load up the c4d scene of e.g. a chair, then the textures show up fine. However, if I merge, or copy another 3d mesh, from another file, the textures of the 2nd mesh don't show up.

So I thought I'd use the asset inspector/texture manager and re-link the textures of the 2nd mesh. I used 'relink assets...' on the ones that were missing (had a red X under status), to where they were on my hard drive, and the crosses change to green ticks. However, as soon as I double click on the material ball, it shows that the textures haven't been re-linked, and the ticks change to red crosses again!

What am I doing wrong?! Thanks in advance 🙂

assets1.jpg

assets2.jpg

32 minutes ago, Olly Venning said:

However, as soon as I double click on the material ball, it shows that the textures haven't been re-linked, and the ticks change to red crosses again!

That sounds like a bug to me ! You are using that properly, and that should work. I will see if this has been reported before...

Pls confirm that you have updated to the 21.115 service pack...

CBR

In the mean time I find "save project with assets" finds and relinks the textures