C4D Cafe

help with the uv maps

Hello everyone, I have a problem and I would like you to support me, I am creating a job for the school of a truck and I have to create the uv map but at the moment of wanting to do it I get something super weird.

teriu.PNG

What have you done so far with the UV's. Have you made any adjustments to it? Does your object have a UVW tag?

6 minutes ago, Vilandra said:

What have you done so far with the UV's. Have you made any adjustments to it? Does your object have a UVW tag?

I have only activated the uv polygons and if it has a uvm tag

Captura34.PNG

1 minute ago, Marcoselrecuerdo said:

I have only activated the uv polygons and if it has a uvm tag

Ok. By default, the UV's are usually pretty messy. With most projects, you'll want to clear the UV's on the canvas and start new. The UV's in your project look pretty messy. Are you able to share the file?

Also, were you wanting to UV map the entire truck? Wheels and body?

3 minutes ago, Vilandra said:

Ok. By default, the UV's are usually pretty messy. With most projects, you'll want to clear the UV's on the canvas and start new. The UV's in your project look pretty messy. Are you able to share the file?

Also, were you wanting to UV map the entire truck? Wheels and body?

It does not let me share by size, it weighs 22.7 mb and if I wanted to do the complete uv including the wheels

I just noticed that the wheels and truck are all one object. You might want to break it up into several objects before trying to edit the UVs.

Select all of the polygons for one wheel and then right click > Split. (This will create a new object for the wheel). Then delete the original polygons. Do this for all the wheels, and any other part that needs to be it's own object.