Sign in to follow this  
Pierre Tessier

Controlling a User Data Slider via Xpresso - Polygon level

I would like to control the position of multiple polygons via a User Data Slider. I regularly use it to control objects but can it be done with polygons?

You could try saving a polygon selection, you could access that through xpresso, and from there, you might be able to set the position or matrix of the of the poligons.

Alternatively, wouldn't the pose morph the pose morph be easier? You could store the polygon postions in a number of pose morphs, and animate them.

From what i can gather in the documentation, you can only use the polygn node to find the index and postion of a polygon, but you can't set the position of it.

The Point Node gives you a point position as an input. So you could set the position of 3-4 points to match another object such as a null, and this would move the polygon when you move the null.

Found this tutorial, it uses a point node to set the postion of a polygon by using the Cluster tag from the Character menu.

of the

• Topic Author
  • Thanks guys. Pose Morph seems to be the best solution. Should have thought of that.