Sign in to follow this  
munkittrick

Creating a "limited" light sweep...

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a light sweep and can't seem to make C4D do what I need. I've got a character wearing a generic space suit. Sporadically placed, there are "glowing rings" the encircle the suit appendages at areas where the rings can create a complete loop. I have a fluid sim pushing a luminescent material through the tubes...and the effect works...but, I'd like to have a "light sweep" that travels from the head of the model to the feet and back ONLY allowing the light to hit the glowing rings, but NOT illuminating the liquid itself. I've tried utilizing a compositing tag to limit what the light "sees", an alpha...basically, anything that doesn't require that I render everything out as layered frames.

Any ideas?

Not sure of your setup and scene but have you tried the "Include" - "Exclude" function under the "Project" tab in your light?

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Actually, no. Totally forgot about that! Too much focus, I guess. I'll give the exclude function a bit of attention. Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    On 2/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, wesware said:

Not sure of your setup and scene but have you tried the "Include" - "Exclude" function under the "Project" tab in your light?

Worked flawlessly! Thank you so very much! Sometimes...when you're up to your butt in deadlines, you forget how the simpler stuff works! You're appreciated!