Sign in to follow this  
jingles

Environment not displaying correctly through sprite

In my scene i have a variety of sprites (png/alpha) on planes and an environment fog that fades everything out in the distance. I'm at a loss figuring out why one section of the image isn't displaying correctly. For some reason there is a square section which is darker than it should be.

DM it if a project file would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Sprite Issue 2.png

Sprite render.png

If images are ok, check render setings/options all depth parameters. Try increase them to higher value...

• Topic Author
  • Thanks so much for your reply. I've finally had a chance to switch back to this scene and despite changing the depth values the results are the same.

Do any other ideas come to mind? If not maybe I need to not use the standard renderer and try Redshift instead?

I can DM a project file if you have the time to take a look.

Appreciate the help.

• Topic Author
  • I never solved this and believe there is a glitch with how the Environment is calculated when passing through transparent layers.

My solution was to turn off environment fog, add a light to the camera position, change all layers luminance channel texture TO diffuse channel. Adjust light dropoff so they fade to black at a distance.