Sign in to follow this  
Scal

my hair don't collide when Rest mix is active

hi 

i got a problem with my hair simulation, the hair don't collide with the plane when i upgrade the rest mix and i need to upgrade it.

here's a project file for explain my problem 

i really need to keep the same effect of the Rest Mix and got the collison with de plane, any idea ?

hair_sim_test.c4d

Hi

You need a hair collider on the object that you wish the hair to collide with.  Your best to use Rest hold over Rest mix to keep dynamics working well.

Here isa  quote for the user help guide.  Remember right click on almost anything and select help andthat topic will open the user guide, its a great system to have.

"

Rest Mix [0..100%]

Use this setting to mix the rest state with the current guide position. Internally, dynamics will not change: If you set Rest Mix back to 0%, you will notice that dynamics will proceed as before.

So, what’s this good for? Well, let’s say you have applied dynamics to hair. At some point, the hair will approach its rest state (by nature, though, not to 100%). By animating Rest Mix (100%) the hair can be brought to its exact rest state. The hair will be cemented into position and will in no way be affected by dynamics, which will continue (internally) to run. By reducing the Rest Mix value, you can later seamlessly return to the actual dynamic state."

PS: Put the iterations at the same number of segments of the guides.  The steps will help dynamic calculations for more accuracy at the cost of speed.

Dan

hair dynamics.c4d

• Topic Author
  • yes but this project was just for explain my problem my real one is an animated character dancing fill of hairs and the hair are going through the ground and don't collide even when i remove the rest mix

and also got a part of the hair glitch and strech out 

image.thumb.png.ab82a90f4c9366278b6b4a05efca7ef1.png

Remember that its the guides that are colliding not the hairs.  You can change this in the dynamic for hair collisions at a huge cost to performance.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • oh thanks but still got some hairs that stretch out and my hairs still pass through the plane, i don't know what to do

image.thumb.png.951d14ec9542d023034d7a90781cf176.png 

that happen when the character goes on the knees

sorry if my english is bad im french