Sign in to follow this  
Rectro

Redshift Licence, no remote release driving me crazy

Hi guys.

I don't often make these posts myself, but feel I need to voice out this great inconvenience regarding Redshift.  I work mainly between two computers, one of which is my mobile laptop.  Although I really don't much like the changes to C4D licensing, being  once  had access to two computers under a MSA subscription, at least I can release my licence remotely if I have internet.

With Redshift it remains locked to what ever computer I used last and I often forget to release the licence forcing me to travel all the way back, start up my computer and run the licence tool.

A suggestion would be at the least  to do what Marvelous Designer does, offers the option to deregister the computer automatically when you close the app.  Not only does Redshift not support this, the licence activation is a seperate app, and at times the licence wont even activate, buts its a pain either way to copy paste the key activate it very time I change computers.

Is there any 3rd party apps that can manage licences and do the process or me, how do you manage this?

Thanks,

Dan

If you mentioned MD, what is external application, but this option has build-in Insydium products (Xparticles,Cycles4D) what is really great when you switch from version to version. Don´t know about some 4rd party product...

56 minutes ago, bezo said:

If you mentioned MD, what is external application, but this option has build-in Insydium products (Xparticles,Cycles4D) what is really great when you switch from version to version. Don´t know about some 4rd party product...

Yeah it's great, the only issue is when C4D crashes or doesn't close correctly and you don't start it again and go home or something. Then your license will still be active on that system even though it's not currently running and you can't use it on another PC until you restart C4D on the system that the license currently is activated on.