Sign in to follow this  
jjsegu

Exporting FBX files for Spark AR is causing distortion on the models

I have a couple of animated and rigged characters that were given to me to make an instagram filter using Spark AR. They look fine in Cinema 4D but the problem is that when I export them to Spark AR in .fbx, they are horribly deformed. I've tried cleaning up the rigs (they had nulls inside them), baking the animations in, auto-weighting the rigs and nothing works. Does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

What does the file look like when you import the fbx back into C4D?

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 21 hours ago, Rectro said:

What does the file look like when you import the fbx back into C4D?

Dan

Looks fine, couple of textures dissapeared but it ain't a big deal, animation is there too

Screenshot_3.jpg

Then at least you have established its not a C4D issue but a issue within the target application.  I can check it inside Modo if you like?

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Yeah sure, I appreciate it. I've uploaded the file to wetransfer since it weights too much to upload it here

https://we.tl/t-qr0wmBVGZi

It imports into Modo and C4D fine and animates as it should.  Its hard to totally tell from the image you posted but is it the mesh that messed up or the joints, even both.

Can you get a character out if Spark AR, I wonder what version of FBX Spark uses and what specs it requires?  I see Spark AR requires fbx 2014. 2015, are you using these versions?

Maybe you can explain to me what Spark AR is, maybe I can do some tests myself to see whats going on?

Dan