Sign in to follow this  
SwoopNebula

Is it possible to Re-join UV Maps

I provided a screenshot of my problem.

some of my uv maps came out separated? like chunks of my shoulder or like my

collar came out in pieces? Is there a way to select them and rejoin those together? 

or should I just redo it and try less seperations?

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.18.24 PM.png

You can weld the points by selecting what you want to weld and then using the stitch button, but in your case I would just redo the UV's. It's not a very complex object.

It looks like you have done one of the auto-unwrapping methods like Cubic or Angle, because your UV islands here seem fairly randomly grouped.

As @DasFrodo says, rather than stitching those panels together, just unwrap it again, but this time don't use an automatic method. Instead select the correct edges (the seams) to give you the islands you want and then select all polys and do a Frontal projection (Front view ortho VP) followed by a relax (Cut selected edges ticked) which should give you a more sensible layout... you can then re-align these whilst equalising island size in the  Optimal Mapping Tab...

However, shouldn't you have your head / UVs in the same model / UV map before you do any of this, if they are to be part of the same UV ? If so, the first step there is to select the head model and the rest of it and connect and delete them all into one, giving you all the UVs in a single map. 

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

It looks like you have done one of the auto-unwrapping methods like Cubic or Angle, because your UV islands here seem fairly randomly grouped.

As @DasFrodo says, rather than stitching those panels together, just unwrap it again, but this time don't use an automatic method. Instead select the correct edges (the seams) to give you the islands you want and then select all polys and do a Frontal projection (Front view ortho VP) followed by a relax (Cut selected edges ticked) which should give you a more sensible layout... you can then re-align these whilst equalising island size in the  Optimal Mapping Tab...

However, shouldn't you have your head / UVs in the same model / UV map before you do any of this, if they are to be part of the same UV ? If so, the first step there is to select the head model and the rest of it and connect and delete them all into one, giving you all the UVs in a single map. 

CBR

I have all of my parts still seperated? I thought it would make the uv mapping process easier for me? and i've had a hard time weighting everything when it's together. Does it make sense to do it this way are people doing that? 

• Topic Author
  • I think i'm just having a hard time grasping the concept of how to unwrap the collar? everything else looks pretty ok to me. 

the collar just comes out as small bits and pieces? 

facemeshmixamo.c4d