how to add thickness to the outside selection of the voronoi fracture ?

Ok, you're in luck then - I have found a working answer.

The trick is to setup the fracture (no bevel anywhere) then make it editable, delete all the tags except phong then Connect and Delete all the pieces into a single object.

In that single object we need to then select all the top and bottom surface polys and perform an Extrude (no caps), then, whilst that selection remains active

do U,Y to expand it to the next level down. Now you can drag a red material to that selection in the viewport.

All good so far, but now we have lost our parametricity so we need to get it back. For that we are going to re-Fracture it, this time using a standard Fracture, in Explode Segments Mode. Placing our object under this will give you back effector control, so with Fracture Object selected you can add your push apart, which will then work on it...

Here's a scene file made in R21, which may or may not load into your version, but my hopes are high...

ReFracture.c4d

CBR

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ok, you're in luck then - I have found a working answer.

The trick is to setup the fracture (no bevel anywhere) then make it editable, delete all the tags except phong then Connect and Delete all the pieces into a single object.

In that single object we need to then select all the top and bottom surface polys and perform an Extrude (no caps), then, whilst that selection remains active

do U,Y to expand it to the next level down. Now you can drag a red material to that selection in the viewport.

All good so far, but now we have lost our parametricity so we need to get it back. For that we are going to re-Fracture it, this time using a standard Fracture, in Explode Segments Mode. Placing our object under this will give you back effector control, so with Fracture Object selected you can add your push apart, which will then work on it...

Here's a scene file made in R21, which may or may not load into your version, but my hopes are high...

ReFracture.c4d 369.16 kB · 0 downloads

CBR

but like this can we use the connectors in the standard fracture ? 

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Er... no. You didn't mention anything about those being important in the previous posts.

CBR

what im looking to do , is a displacment material on the inside faces , so once i do that the displacment crashes the outside surface and its shown , so i wanted to extrude the outside face so it will hide it , do you get what i mean ? but i need all the voronoi fracture settings , detailing , connectors and all 😞

2 minutes ago, mimito said:

hat im looking to do , is a displacment material on the inside faces , so once i do that the displacment crashes the outside surface and its shown , so i wanted to extrude the outside face so it will hide it , do you get what i mean ?

Yes that's really the sort of information that we needed back in Post 1. I do get what you mean, but I don't think it's possible, or at least I can't see a way to do it.

CBR