how to add thickness to the outside selection of the voronoi fracture ?

It isn't very clear where you want the thickness. For example the Outside faces are not what you have highlighted in red in your first screenshot.

But if you did want to add thickness to the outside faces, then you could group the VF object with a Bevel Deformer, which you could use as a sort of fake parametric extrude (ie eliminate the bevelling / offset components) by setting its mode to Polygons, its offset to 0.001 and its extrusion to your desired thickness amount. You would also need to set edge angle to >90 degrees, make sure preserve groups is on, and give it the selection tag for  the outside faces generated by the VF object so it only applies to those surfaces...

image.thumb.png.bb9602e76aee88f148926156ea1eb1b6.png

Another way to do it would be to have 2 VF objects, one for the inside pieces and a hollow cube surrounding it, which both get the same fracture sources, but the hollow one has the 'Hollow Mode' of the VF object ticked.

What won't work is MoExtrude, which can't go around the corners or extrude on anything but a per-polygon basis.

CBR

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

It isn't very clear where you want the thickness. For example the Outside faces are not what you have highlighted in red in your first screenshot.

But if you did want to add thickness to the outside faces, then you could group the VF object with a Bevel Deformer, which you could use as a sort of fake parametric extrude (ie eliminate the bevelling / offset components) by setting its mode to Polygons, its offset to 0.001 and its extrusion to your desired thickness amount. You would also need to set edge angle to >90 degrees, make sure preserve groups is on, and give it the selection tag for  the outside faces generated by the VF object so it only applies to those surfaces...

image.thumb.png.bb9602e76aee88f148926156ea1eb1b6.png

Another way to do it would be to have 2 VF objects, one for the inside pieces and a hollow cube surrounding it, which both get the same fracture sources, but the hollow one has the 'Hollow Mode' of the VF object ticked.

What won't work is MoExtrude, which can't go around the corners or extrude on anything but a per-polygon basis.

CBR

the bevil thing works but the problem here that its not working for every thing 

Screenshot_9.png

Nope, that is doing exactly what you told it to - just adding bevels on the outside faces. If you want something other than that you need to explain in more detail precisely what.

CBR

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Nope, that is doing exactly what you told it to - just adding bevels on the outside faces. If you want something other than that you need to explain in more detail precisely what.

CBR

the green lines must also be red ! thats what i ment 

Screenshot_10.png

That is going to be quite tricky to achieve, because no selections available in the live VF object can give you that. Even my plan for doing it with 2 objects, the outer one hollow is going to fail because it doesn't react identically to an identical point source used by the inside surfaces. But I do wonder if we couldn't take a polygon copy of the base mesh, do our extrudes on that instead AND grab all the polys that need to be coloured differently later in a Selection tag, which we could then drag back to the base object under the VF (or maybe even the VF itself, though I am less confident about that). In theory then, if the extrudes were identical, and the point counts and order remain the same also, then that might work and you could constrain your red material to that selection tag.

CBR

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That is going to be quite tricky to achieve, because no selections available in the live VF object can give you that. Even my plan for doing it with 2 objects, the outer one hollow is going to fail because it doesn't react identically to an identical point source used by the inside surfaces. But I do wonder if we couldn't take a polygon copy of the base mesh, do our extrudes on that instead AND grab all all the polys that need to be coloured differently later in a Selection tag, which we could then drag back to the base object under the VF (or maybe even the VF itself, though I am less confident about that). In theory then, if the extrudes were identical, and the point counts and order remain the same also, then that might work and you could constrain your red material to that selection tag.

CBR

i didn't follow any 😛 please help me achieving this i really need it , how about if we export to an alimbic file the we work on that ?

No, I am not seeing an immediate answer to this, and have quite a busy afternoon on in which I don't really have time to explore further. Will come back to it tonight when things calm down a bit if no1 else gets there first...

CBR

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No, I am not seeing an immediate answer to this, and have quite a busy afternoon on in which I don't really have time to explore further. Will come back to it tonight when things calm down a bit if no1 else gets there first...

CBR

ok please when you have time to give it a try