Sign in to follow this  
Karebear

Pose Morph Poly Render Problem

Hi guys!

I've got an animation set up with Pose Morph and the animation looks great in the preview window.  But then when I go to render, all my soft surfaces turn to hard polygons.  Anyone know what is causing this?  I'll include pictures but since it's a work project I can't upload the project.

Preview looks like here: 1074823259_ScreenShot2020-03-06at9_31_31AM.thumb.png.c752893d3c44773678fcf0f6d522d364.png

And Render looks like here: 1936976072_ScreenShot2020-03-06at9_31_43AM.thumb.png.8e7b5a63ebb26d137ce1e767e26368ba.png

Appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks!

Hi

Your using a very old version so what I say may not apply.  When you apply the SDS tag to the object it has a setting for viewport and at render time, not sure in your version?  It looks like you have another object inside it that may be set to invisible in the viewport but visible at render time?

Dan

sds.png

• Topic Author
  • Hi I think you are a little confused with what I am doing on my end.  I had my Subdivision Renderer set to 3 before I connected the subdivision surface to my object and then made that Connect editable.  I then used the Pose Morph and grab tool to manipulate.  The thing you are seeing as invisible is the same subdivision surface before I made it editable and that original object looks correct in render.  See image below.

32211372_ScreenShot2020-03-06at10_00_59AM.thumb.png.f356b1e65fa6e39e767cf5904f5afabe.png 

The entire sequence renders fine up until I animate the pose morph.

I'm in R19 for Mac.  Work computer they won't let us upgrade.  

...for me it looks like you have another object which is hidden for viewport, but not for render.

Maybe some temporary object created in some phase of project. Try to check carefully Object manager

• Topic Author
  • 7 minutes ago, bezo said:

...for me it looks like you have another object which is hidden for viewport, but not for render.

Maybe some temporary object created in some phase of project. Try to check carefully Object manager

Yes, that invisible object is the original drip before I connected it and added the pose morph.  In the comment above I showed that renders fine and actually is definitely turned off in rendering.  This problem is only happening with the Prose morph.

• Topic Author
  • Nevermind, I fixed it.  You were right to a certain degree.  It wasn't the stuff turned off but the order I had everything in within the object manager.