Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
BIgor

Zbrush-Substance problems

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello, in this video I show the problems I am having, so if you have about 6 minutes to watch it please do so and you might know the solution. THX in advance 😄
 

 

Edited by Cerbera
Accurate Titling.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, as both these questions are about software that doesn't come with Cinema, we need to mention that in the title and in the post, so that people who have neither of these things don't have to watch 6 minutes of video only to find out they can't help at all because they don't have the software !!

 

CBR

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well, as both these questions are about software that doesn't come with Cinema, we need to mention that in the title and in the post, so that people who have neither of these things don't have to watch 6 minutes of video only to find out they can't help at all because they don't have the software !!

 

CBR

You are correct, THX for pointing that out... and sorry for wasting your time... 

Share this post


Link to post

Really this is a topic for Zbrushcentral, but it just so happens I use Zbrush.

The brushes your using in Zbrush contain only a small number of bricks, this is a recipe for noticeable repetitive tiles.  You need much larger resolution textures of bricks to cover a large area.  If it were me id do it old school method or do the bricks in Substance Painter.  The old school way would be to convert a colour image into grayscale and apply the texture within Photoshop over a UV template.  This method means no subdividing the mesh, manually planting small number of brick tiles.

 

You could if you then wanted bring that texture into zbrush on the subdivided model and apply it as a displacement to a layer.  Then make a new layer and manually add further details like breaks dents e.c.t.  From there bake out the new Displacement. You do also now have the ability to sculpt directly in UV morph view within Zbrush so you could bring a large texture of bricks in and do it there but to be honest you can't beat the quality of the Photoshop method, no limitations by poly count.

 

Now what you can do within Zbrush is make some bricks and tile these bricks to then make your own brush or textures, but for the sake of time id look for a large brick texture.  If you google Zbrush brick tiles/brush your get plenty of video tutorials for this.

 

For the brick regarding top of of castle id make this a separate piece and use the bevel deformer on it.

 

Dan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Really this is a topic for Zbrushcentral, but it just so happens I use Zbrush.

The brushes your using in Zbrush contain only a small number of bricks, this is a recipe for noticeable repetitive tiles.  You need much larger resolution textures of bricks to cover a large area.  If it were me id do it old school method or do the bricks in Substance Painter.  The old school way would be to convert a colour image into grayscale and apply the texture within Photoshop over a UV template.  This method means no subdividing the mesh, manually planting small number of brick tiles.

 

You could if you then wanted bring that texture into zbrush on the subdivided model and apply it as a displacement to a layer.  Then make a new layer and manually add further details like breaks dents e.c.t.  From there bake out the new Displacement. You do also now have the ability to sculpt directly in UV morph view within Zbrush so you could bring a large texture of bricks in and do it there but to be honest you can't beat the quality of the Photoshop method, no limitations by poly count.

 

Now what you can do within Zbrush is make some bricks and tile these bricks to then make your own brush or textures, but for the sake of time id look for a large brick texture.  If you google Zbrush brick tiles/brush your get plenty of video tutorials for this.

 

For the brick regarding top of of castle id make this a separate piece and use the bevel deformer on it.

 

Dan

 

 

THX for the tips, I will see what I can do, but to be honest it seems a bit to complicated for me... 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BIgor said:

THX for the tips, I will see what I can do, but to be honest it seems a bit to complicated for me... 

The photoshop is the least complicated method to be honest.  I can make a quick video if you think your go that route.  Getting a large texture will save you a lot of time.

 

PS: Here is a Substance Brick Material.  This is a more creative fun  method.

https://share.substance3d.com/libraries/2041

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rectro said:

The photoshop is the least complicated method to be honnest.  I can make a quick video if you think your go that route.  Getting a large texture will save you a lot of time.

 

Dan

I guess a video would help a lot, if you have the time to make it...

Share this post


Link to post

Video using substance method on way, I was getting sooo many interruptions so cant go further than substance.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Rectro said:

 

Dude this is fantastic!!! 😄 I also use Unfold 3D for UV-ing and also use Redshift 😄 THX a lot for this tutorial, Before the Zbrush part I tried to go the Substance rout but I DID not know that you had to do the bake in this method also, I taught that baking was only when you have a High poly of the model with details. So when I exported the textures without the bake they looked bad in C4D... 😛 THX  alot, this is a huge time saver😄

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...