Sign in to follow this  
Didar

Morphing on 2 complex objects?

I think there are a couple of possible solutions. Instead of Metaballs you can use Volumes.

As far as an advanced FFD, you can use the Mesh deformer instead.

Overall, I think the Volume solution would offer you the best and more versatile results. Press play in the attached file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vk78w490374r5d/ffd1 Volumes.c4d?dl=0

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, noseman said:

I think there are a couple of possible solutions. Instead of Metaballs you can use Volumes.

Thanks a lot man. I guess using volumes is a good solution.although the animation is not very good now. but here is a question. so, can we use this setup whenever we want? I thought volumes are very inefficient and can slow down everything. I thought we only create a proper mesh with volumes and then we turn volume off and only use the result mesh. so can we simply use them with low voxels and everything? and is it comparable to meatball??

Also can we hide that torus as an proxy object for other little objects? so the Torus only plays the eating animation and not shown in the scene... you know what I mean? imagine we have bunch of little objects which we produced by a cloner. the combination with volume won't get good looking. the eating animation will be even worse. so we can use a sphere or something if we can hide it around those objects. it seems whatever we put in the volumes will be shown anyway if we use union option 😕

here is a photo. you see the eating animation won't be good this way, right? how do you think we can solve it?

image.thumb.png.6d4123491ff9e55915f7f636ee9d6224.png

Update: I made some changes to the attached file. what do you think?

ffd1_Volumes.c4d

11 hours ago, Didar said:

I thought volumes are very inefficient and can slow down everything. I thought we only create a proper mesh with volumes and then we turn volume off and only use the result mesh. so can we simply use them with low voxels and everything? and is it comparable to meatball??

Why would you think they are inefficient? And you don't need to use metaballs.

As for the rest, I don't really understand what the problem is. Can you post an example of what you want to achieve?

• Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, noseman said:

Why would you think they are inefficient? And you don't need to use metaballs.

As for the rest, I don't really understand what the problem is. Can you post an example of what you want to achieve?

I just thought :)) you know when those volumes introduced I remember people were saying it can slow down the system. anyway, most probably I had the wrong idea. so we can use them. about the rest I wanted to make something that demonstrate devouring. when we devour something, usually it will represent by a bump going down the throat. not that I really need the bump but a cooler animation maybe? did you see the photo I attached? those little pyramids are just going inside my shape. no one will understand that my blob is eating them 😕 so I tried to scale them when they enter to the blob. and I attached the c4d file. do you have any better idea to show that eating animation? 

• Topic Author
  •  

2 minutes ago, noseman said:

Yes

nice 👍