Sign in to follow this  
locoboii

cloth pillow?

If you search youtube for 'c4d pillow' any one of the top 5 tuts will show you how to use the cloth dresser to make basic pillows, but I don't think that's necessarily the best way of doing your stitched cube...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

but how do i make a cube out of it like in the image?

Ok. I wouldn't use cloth for that. I'd use soft body inflation instead, using a vertex map to restrict the inflation on the seam lines...

Are you familiar with soft body workflow and how to use vertex maps with them ?

CBR

• Topic Author

not really i'm still new to c4d but i watched a balloon tutorial from eyedesyn where he uses vertex maps

It's a very similar principal to those sort of tutorials, but you'd start with a cube of enough resolution to give you the seams, make it editable, set the seam selection, then subdivide the mesh by 1 or 2 levels, and run a soft body sim from there. I'm just about to turn in for the night, so I don't have time to go  through it in detail now, but will pop back to do so over the weekend if nobody beats be to it...

CBR

• Topic Author

thank you so much for your help! i just found an other eydesyn tutorial about softbody inflation that looks promising.

• Topic Author

On 3/14/2020 at 3:13 AM, Cerbera said:

It's a very similar principal to those sort of tutorials, but you'd start with a cube of enough resolution to give you the seams, make it editable, set the seam selection, then subdivide the mesh by 1 or 2 levels, and run a soft body sim from there. I'm just about to turn in for the night, so I don't have time to go  through it in detail now, but will pop back to do so over the weekend if nobody beats be to it...

I just had time to try it with soft body inflation and a vertex map and it worked perfectly except the cube is too smooth and has no wrinkles at all. I tried using a displacer with noise but dont get any good results. How could I add some nice wrinkles?

pillowcube.c4d