Sign in to follow this  
WoopWoop

OVERCLOCKERS UK

Don't pay anyone to build it for you - you can do that yourself really quickly and easily, and spend the build fees on more UNLMITED POWWWEER !!

The system I just built came in at just under your target budget (2250 quid), and is a lot of bang for buck. The main thrust of my advice would be to go AMD instead of Intel, saving you even more cash, and because Ryzens are f**king awesome ! 🙂 That thread is here...

CBR 

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Don't pay anyone to build it for you - you can do that yourself really quickly and easily, and spend the build fees on more UNLMITED POWWWEER !!

The system I just built came in at just under your target budget (2250 quid), and is a lot of bang for buck. The main thrust of my advice would be to go AMD instead of Intel, saving you even more cash, and because Ryzens are f**king awesome ! 🙂 That thread is here...

CBR 

Would you mind sharing the specs and what monitor did you go with?

AMD? Isn't it all about NVIDIA lately, CUDA this CUDA that? The only impression of AMD I have is that it's sh*** as hell, well obviously it is, it's an iMac built-in AMD Radeon. 

Will take a look at the thread now 

EDIT: Please ignore the above, silly me haha, reading the thread now .

Posted (edited)
    4 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

AMD? Isn't it all about NVIDIA lately, CUDA this CUDA that? The only impression of AMD I have is that it's sh*** as hell, well obviously it is, it's an iMac built-in AMD Radeon. 

No, not the graphics card - the processor !!! I'd avoid AMD like the plague for graphics - that would be nvidia all the way for me...

Full specs are in that thread I linked...

Monitor I went for was (2 of) this one, which seems excellent so far.

CBR

Edited by Cerbera
    Added info pls refresh page

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

No, not the grpahics card - the processor !!! I'd avoid AMD like the plague for graphics - that should be nvidia all the way...

Full specs are in that thread I linked...

CBR

Just had a read through. OK I'll be frank, I don't understand all the techy-things but my understanding is that you've had it since Xmas. So far, is there anything you'd change about it or youэку pretty satisfied with the built overall? I know Gigabyte is licensed to build NVIDIA cards, but does NVIDIA manufacture as well? Now there are quite a few items to put together, was it relatively easy to do and did you buy it all from Overclockers?

I've been running it since mid-February, and it has been brilliant so far - nothing I would change. I got mine from novatech on the South coast (see monitor link above) simply so I could easily drive down there if anything was wrong (it wasn't). Nvidia design chipsets, not make cards AFAIK. All the big motherboard manufacturers make video cards that feature those chipsets, and there isn't usually much between them other than looks, price, amount of gaming-bullshit lights they attach, and output port configurations.

These things are easy to build if you don't mind spending 40 minutes watching someone show you the various traps not to fall into - I can link you to build videos that help if you like...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I've been running it since mid-February, and it has been brilliant so far - nothing I would change. I got mine from novatech on the South coast (see monitor link above) simply so I could easily drive down there if anything was wrong (it wasn't). Nvidia design chipsets, not make cards AFAIK. All the big motherboard manufacturers make video cards that feature those chipsets, and there isn't usually much between them other than looks, price, amount of gaming-bullshit lights they attach, and output port configurations.

These things are easy to build if you don't mind spending 40 minutes watching someone show you the various traps not to fall into - I can link you to build videos that help if you like...

CBR

Got it. Well I've just copied your build with a slightly more expensive video card. Is it really worth going with 2080ti for C4d? Especially when I'm using Corona CPU haha (looking to switch to Octane or Redshift soon...) 

Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 18.54.59.png

Watch out - you're about to send 70 quid up the wall unnecessarily ! You went with my original motherboard, which I subsequently swapped out for this much cheaper one with no less power !! Only difference is one less M.2 port and no gaming lights.

CBR

You'll be OK with Corona CPU because of your 24 turbo threads in the Ryzen 3900X. I didn't consider the 2080TI worth the extra speed and cores etc for the money, but if you do, you go for it !! It is unquestionably better than my 2070 super, just not proportionally with how much more it costs !

CBR

Yep build it yourself! everything is pretty much plug and play these days, very easy to assemble.