Sign in to follow this  
TravisDesigner

How to export material and texture from Cinema4D?

Hi

I downloaded Library Content Material from Cinema 4D. After download, file format is lib4d, then installed the material folder will show in Presets tree.

1148799466_01.15032020exportmaterialsnip1.thumb.png.466878778a42c7879f05dc9eba7dada9.png

660195164_01.15032020exportmaterialsnip2.thumb.png.57ab394ae2698da0343279b77f8fb874.png

How can I export these material, texture to c4d file format?

Because Vectorwork support import texture from file  C4D.

Best regards

Travis

Simply apply them on objects and export to Vectorwork

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    16 minutes ago, bezo said:

Simply apply them on objects and export to Vectorwork

I tried apply brick material to cube in cinema 4d then save as c4d.

then Import to Vectorwork. It's black

Beside that If I do this workflow. It's not good because there's a lot of material need to import.

Since original file refers to material preset, exported material is black. But when you save your object scene with command "Save Project With Assets..." and open this saved file, now materials has own textures and are not linked to presets. When you export now, also textures in materials will be exported...

• Topic Author
    58 minutes ago, bezo said:

Since original file refers to material preset, exported material is black. But when you save your object scene with command "Save Project With Assets..." and open this saved file, now materials has own textures and are not linked to presets. When you export now, also textures in materials will be exported...

Hi Bezo

You're right. It's work when I choose Save Project With Assets.

But There's small issue. If I continue to drag other kind of material into project, It's will be unorganized. How can I organize all same brick material to 1 folder? Then continue to add other kind of material such as metal.

01. 15032020 export material snip 3.png

On 3/15/2020 at 6:14 AM, TravisDesigner said:

How can I organize all same brick material to 1 folder? Then continue to add other kind of material such as metal.

Two ways I know to organize materials:

1) Add them by type to a layer, then name the layer 'Wood', etc

or

2) Add a Null into the scene and apply all of the wood materials to it. Name the Null 'Wood'. Repeat for other material types.

• Topic Author
    14 hours ago, Vizn said:

Two ways I know to organize materials:

1) Add them by type to a layer, then name the layer 'Wood', etc

or

2) Add a Null into the scene and apply all of the wood materials to it. Name the Null 'Wood'. Repeat for other material types.

Hi Vizn

I tried a way:

First add all brick material then Save Project With Asset. then, Import to Vectorworks, they will be organized to 1 folder.

I repeat the process with other kind of material. I spent 3 hours to complete import all material. File size is around 2.6 GB.

I want to try your 1st idea, can you give me more details?

Best regards

Travis

4 hours ago, TravisDesigner said:

I want to try your 1st idea, can you give me more details?

There are a number of ways to do this, but in this instance the simplest might be:

Open the Layer Manager (from the menu bar: Windows-->Layer Manager; or shortcut Shift+F4)

Create all the layers and name them.

Next, add all the materials.

Then, select groups of materials by type and drag to the appropriate layer.