Sign in to follow this  
Ragul

Clone look to the Target

Hi.

How can i realize this effect on the screen?

I have a clone witch align to the surface, and i want to tell the clone: " Hey, be align but look to the target."

i realy dont understand how i can do it, becouse all clone loose control when target effector is on.

Thanks for any help.

Align.jpg

align test.c4d

Use target effector and field with direction channel enabled. I presume spherical field with lowered strength will do the job 🙂

• Topic Author
  • I just do this, but it's not help. Maybe i do something wrong... but when im enabled Target effector, it's change "all" my direction. especially aling to normal direction.....

Fields.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Just try more and it's look like.... but if look close it's not solved... just little move and all align clones turn into wrong direction...

Please, help!

Fields 1.jpg

Fields 2.jpg

Heres a bit of a workaround for you, I couldn't make it work with regular align clones or any constraints on rotation but I did get it to work using a surface deformer. Took a while to work out directions. The weirdest thing was that it kept flipping over with the surface deformer so I had to set the scale to minus 1 in the Y, I guess it would be, the middle one as seen in grab below.

Quite a fun effect in the end. Move the cube target and you will see it adjusting. Turn stuff on and off to see what's doing what, Ive used an ffd to distort the second plane but I guess you can do that however you like.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 13.25.54.png

Clone target aligned_0003.c4d

• Topic Author
  • It's very inteligent way to do this. It's work very well on the plain but, it didn't work with object that have a volume, becouse tag locked "Pinch" rotation.

I just play with fields. Maybe it is work in that way....

Align-Clone.gif

• Topic Author