Sign in to follow this  
crybaby

Team Render on machines without monitors

Hey,

I picked up a couple old mac towers that'll I'll be able to get running high sierra and R20.

I don't have monitors for them though, so question is can I still get them to act as render boxes just by booting them up and having team render launch on them somehow?

Has someone out there done this before, use machines to render that had no monitors?

Thanks.

/R

2 hours ago, crybaby said:

Has someone out there done this before, use machines to render that had no monitors?

Well, I currently have 2 laptops in home which is connected to my network and I use them in that way. I don't even look at the screen. I just turn them on and Team render is ready. even before login. so just connect a monitor and do the configuration once. of course you should only hibernate the system so c4d stays open. or put the c4d in the list of startup programs

For real headless use Commandline Render would be the correct choice. This would require an own rendermanager though and might not be an option for you. Try to install everything using a temporary monitor and make sure you install a remote software, so you can later on connect to the machine for configuration purposes or error handling.