Sign in to follow this  
Casandra

Texture Merging in C4D?

Hey guys!
So, I'm in the middle of a project that needs to take part in NYC and still look as realistic as possible.

Because the main focus is gonna be on this building where all the action takes part it, there is no problem that the BG elements are super low-poly.

My main problem right now is dealing with this huge Amount of separated textures.

I would really want to just merge (bake?) them all and then create for them reflection maps and so on to give them a bit more of a realistic look (right now they're all glossy with no specific maps).

I'm using octane & R19 at moment.

If you have any other ideas about how to create this 360 degrees city I would be happy to hear (unfortunately, this project don't have enough budget to get DEM Earth or something in that nature).

Thanks A TON,

Cas

1#_00000.jpg

2#_00000.jpg

Forum AE_00985.jpg

Ofcourse, textures/objects can be baked (under certain simple conditions), but with this resolution of textures (I suppose second image is render) it may not looks very realistically...

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, bezo said:

Ofcourse, textures/objects can be baked (under certain simple conditions), but with this resolution of textures (I suppose second image is render) it may not looks very realistically...

Is there a specific method to bake these amount of textures? I would be happy to hear 🙂
    All those buildings gonna be out of focus in the BG; while the focus is gonna be on the shiny building (on the right of the picture) - for exampe PIC 1#.

In the second image all I did was putting those building in focus but usually they gonna be OOF.

Thanks!