Sign in to follow this  
Tronix

Clone Rotation Using Effectors

Hi everyone, 
Adapting to a new suite of software platforms for a new job, still figuring out many of the ins-and-outs of c4d.

The situation: 

We work in a VWX - C4D pipeline at my office, and I need to swap out lighting fixtures for c4d objects. I have a library of fixtures with parameters set up in c4d that I pull from, and I have a plugin that will place a vertex at the position of each Vectorworks render instance and create a polygon that I use as the object selection for my cloner, distribution by vertex. 

In most instances this works very well as long as all of the fixtures are placed linearly, however it falls apart when I need them all to have a tangential rotation to a given radius. Is there a way to leverage an effector to make incremental rotation across all of the clones?    I have an example attached with all of my current pieces, minus a rotation effector. 

Thanks to everyone in this forum! Even before I made an account you all have been a huge help!

MoGraph Example.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Update! A Target Effector placed in the center of the circle of fixtures gets me pretty close to the kind of placement I wanted, I am still happy to hear about other methods people may use for something like this though!