Sign in to follow this  
Vladislav Yordanov

How to do the stitches on a punched pocket

Hello! I started modelling a sheet of paper inside of a punch pocket. I'm almost finished with the model, I just need to add the stitches that I have shown in the reference image (on the edge of the punched pocket). I tried by placing small rectangles on the edge spline of the paper but it's not working like i want it to. I have attached the model, I need it high poly because of the simulation of the covers and some closeup shots I'll render. Appreciated!

P.S. I'll redo the covers so they can be "stitched" properly.

reference.png

paper_pocket.c4d

Best way would be to add them as a bump map.  You could use a procedural preset in C4D like Tiled lines, or search online for stich alphas. Add that to the bump chan.

Dan

Yep, what he said. They are not so much stitches as micro holes that have then been press welded together slightly melting the plastic.

CBR

Author of the topic Posted

Wow, thank for the fast and accurate replies. I'm going to be all over that. Yeah, I'm calling them stitches, but I thought it's actually glue and now I know the actual thing. Thanks again!