Sign in to follow this  
vladimdud

Low poly stylised tree ?

Posted (edited)

how to procedure such tree in cinema?

png&tknv=v2&owner_uid=329507665&size=156

Edited by Cerbera
Re-titled for future search use

No no, let's try and do a bit better with thread titles - you gotta make these things searchable later - ie describe the problem in the title !

Well, there's the painstaking proper way, which is almost certainly too much effort to seriously contemplate, or there's the lazier faster way, which is fine if you don't care about intersection (and I don't see why you would in a stylised tree like this). That would involve quickly building a series of 'tetris stylee' blocks, starting with a cube and using the quantize functions to extrude out identical sizes in random directions until you had 5-10 different blocks, and then you'd mash them altogether with a cloner, cloning in Object mode into the volume of any old sphere. That should get you close...

Here I am changing the random seed in the cloner with that setup, which is how you get variety between trees this way...

1240036186_Lowpolytree1.thumb.gif.c69189fc4efe6f6b6fb39e58ce462c79.gif

I'm sure there are many other ways to do this sort of thing too, so no doubt someone will chip in with another 1 or 2...

CBR