Sign in to follow this  
Rosdower

Upgrading old C4D files

I teach an animation class at a university in which we use C4D. Due to the virus, we've had to move online. I'm in the process of recording tutorials and uploading the files the students will need. I also recently updated to R21. The students have also downloaded the academic version of R21.

Unfortunately, all of my tutorial files, about 17 files total, are from an older version (11.5 or older) and won't  open in R21. I don't have access to a previous version either, which is what R21 is telling me to do to save it out to make it compatible.

Is there a quick way for me to convert the files? Can I upload them somewhere and have someone convert them for me? I'm really up against the clock getting my class online.

Thanks.

Check MAXON Labs...

https://labs.MAXON.net/?p=3258

• Topic Author
  • It doesn't work in R21 but only R20. It also seems that plugin only detects for files that were made in an earlier version and "when running in a version which still has the ability to load such scenes (e.g. R19), it can convert these to a newer file format"

If you want, send me in pm link to sample file, I´ll resave it in R19 and you´ll check if it works for you...

• Topic Author
  • Just sent it

• Topic Author
  • I figured it out. I managed to track down someone with R17. All it takes is to open the old file in R12 - R19, resave it, and then it works in R21. The plugin isn't necessary. Thanks for the replies.