Sign in to follow this  
rochdale

VIRUS SPREAD SIMULATION - INFECTIO OBJECT

Hi, I need to make 2 animations that simulate the spread of a virus in a similar way to the live sim's featured a way down this article https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?itid=sf_coronavirus

1. A red coloured particle bounces around hitting other blue particles which once hit become infected (red), these red particles then go on to hit other blue particles passing on the infection (red colour)

2. As above but as the particles become infected (red) they develop immunity over say 3 secs and turn green, from this point they cannot become infected (red) again. Also there are some (yellow) vaccinated particles in this mix  which never turn another colour.

Im fairly new to XParticles but im hoping theres a way to do this using modifiers / actions etc... if anyone can give me a head start on this id be very greatful.

Thanks, Steve.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for this 3d-Pangel looks promising.

• Topic Author
  • Ive used the Infectio object to create a spreading virus amongst bouncing dots but what i also need is each infected dot to 'recover' after a set number of frames after infection. my atached project achieves step 1 below but i need to figure out the next step - 

1. White (healyth) dot collides with another Red (Infected) dot and becomes infected (red)

2. 100 frames after being infected the dot turns yellow and can no longer have its colour changed by colliding with infected red dots.

Ive attached my project for reference, any help greatfully received.

Thanks. Steve

H21_01.c4d

• Topic Author
  • I found a solve by moving infected particles into a new group then using a question to check how long a partilce had been in the new group, after say 75f it triggers a new action moving it into a new group which is no longer affected by the infectio obj.