Sign in to follow this  
mikoian

Animation hiccup

I have this bird (ancient bird) which is set to fly.

I has a fly cycle of 55 frames which I wanted it prolonged to 400 frames. I did that by going to the Timeline (Dope Sheet) from Window menu, select the object under Summary and then, in the main window on the right side in Properties, select Before=Off and After=Repeat (and Repetitions=10).

So, I made the animation repeat itself 10 times...but I have a slight problem. If you play the file attached after each cycle you see a slight hiccup (a small stop of the wings). And I don't know how to make it seamless. Can you help?

Here is the C4D file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0ox79k3t5hpa3/pterodactyl-fly.c4d?dl=0

When you carefully check f-curves, you could see first and last point of animation curves for rotations are not matched. Values for 0 frame and 55 frame are different. Since it´s baked animation, there is keyframe in each frame what can be hard to fix. You could play with that manually. (Leave just 5-6 main keys, everything other remove and adjust f-curves again with resaving new values for keys) It´s for longer time, but it could be fun...

Or use your prebaked animation, convert to motion clip, set repetitions as needed, blending to spline and play with spline settings until you find satisfied result... 

• Topic Author
  • On 3/27/2020 at 5:53 PM, bezo said:

When you carefully check f-curves, you could see first and last point of animation curves for rotations are not matched. Values for 0 frame and 55 frame are different. Since it´s baked animation, there is keyframe in each frame what can be hard to fix. You could play with that manually. (Leave just 5-6 main keys, everything other remove and adjust f-curves again with resaving new values for keys) It´s for longer time, but it could be fun...

Or use your prebaked animation, convert to motion clip, set repetitions as needed, blending to spline and play with spline settings until you find satisfied result... 

Thank you. I did it with Motion Clip.