Sign in to follow this  
danyk

Multiple images on single object problem

I have about 130 separate PNGs with transparency that I need to map onto specific locations on a sphere. The images need to stay separate so they can be changed individually at different times. I've tried adding each image to their own material and then transforming the texture tag to the position I want. This was working well in the viewport but when I render, it doesn't reflect the transformed position.

Can anyone tell me what I might try here to render this properly or if there's another method I can try? Sorry, my abilities in C4D are very limited.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the cafe 🙂

Are you not defining where textures go with polygon selection tags ? Because I rather suspect you should be, although I can't tell for sure without seeing at least a picture of the setup, the polygon structure of the object in question or some reference of what you are aiming for...

CBR

Have you disable tiling for each texture tag?

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Welcome to the cafe 🙂

Are you not defining where textures go with polygon selection tags ? Because I rather suspect you should be, although I can't tell for sure without seeing at least a picture of the setup, the polygon structure of the object in question or some reference of what you are aiming for...

CBR

No, because I need to be able to make adjustments on the location of the image on the fly. I imagine there's an entirely different method that would work better than what I'm doing. Sucks that C4D doesn't just render what you see in the viewport. 

1 minute ago, bezo said:

Have you disable tiling for each texture tag?

Yeah, but that's not really the issue. I'll try to post an image

Figured it out... All the texture tags were set to UVW. Switched to Spherical and now it's rendering correctly.

Glad you solved it, and thanks for posting your solution. For future reference, we would have been able to see this immediately had we been given a screen grab of your project, or if you had uploaded the file... conversely, without those things we could have been guessing for hours and still not got the reason !

CBR