Sign in to follow this  
varval

PBR Lights not compatible with Clone Object?

Hi All,

I'm rendering a mall in C4D R20, but ProRender is not rendering PBR Spot Lights placed inside Clone Objects. Please see below:

Screenshot_2020-04-04_at_14_01_50.thumb.png.c49c95d3043fbe4c14a9937087a90a2c.png

Is this feature (cloning lights) not compatible with ProRender?

This is the first time I use ProRender, any suggestions?

Thanks

1 hour ago, varval said:

This is the first time I use ProRender, any suggestions?

If at all possible, yeah, don't use ProRender.

Please correct the version of the software you are showing in your profile - I know you clarified in the post, but we do need that info to be correct or it gets confusing for the people trying to help you, and especially with ProRender questions -  A LOT changes between each new version and even sub-version.

There are already restrictions on lights in cloners with all renderers in Cinema. Most notably that none of them work as render instances. It wouldn't surprise me to find out there were more issues with PR and PBR lights, although I can't find any specific documentation about this so far... 

ProRender experts are a bit thin on the ground TBH, but I am certainly not one myself, so I think we'll have to wait to see if you are lucky enough to get found by one...

As for DF's comment, I too can't help the feeling that PR is probably not the future, so perhaps best to concentrate your render learnings elsewhere 😕

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Hi Dasfrodo, Cerbera

Thanks for your comments, I know I should try to use another renderer, but I work on a mac, and wanted to try a GPU renderer to see how it goes (while Redshift doesn’t support AMD). Physical Renderer takes forever to render this scene.

That's understandable, and it certainly can provide an insight into GPU rendering workflows in general. But if slowness is something you are trying to avoid, then I fear ProRender is going to disappoint in similar ways - it's not that speedy itself - indeed that is one of the main criticisms levelled at it.

But I don't want to discourage you, and there are people here who have good knowledge of it, so let's hope you find some decent help soon...

CBR