PBR light preview does not match render

After Effects guy learning C4D - not sure what setting is awry but my PBR light is super dim in editing mode, but super bright when rendered. Please see attached - truly grateful for any help. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 8.29.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 8.29.45 PM.png

Edited by Cerbera
Re-titled for future search use
  • Community Staff

Welp that is weird for sure. It either has to be something that is not saved inside the scene file (a setting in the C4D preferences maybe?) or it's a problem with your GPU. Are you running most recent Studio Ready drivers?

This is how it looks for me

Cinema_4D_6SWDc8C5g2.thumb.png.487a4e56b8fddff667b419c078709344.png

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

• Community Staff

Maybe try this in the project settings:

Cinema_4D_77X6LwDgKO.png.26e3a253fddfdbcef1e01897aaad27ee.png

But that doesn't make any sense really since that is saved in the project file... what if you try rebuilding the file from scratch? Or just copy the contents into a new file?

Your scene file looks the same for me as on DasFrodo´s screenshot. In viewport and in render is intensive. Lowering intensity value  (to 15 percent) is darker in viewport and render also)

Check in preferences/view/display color profile if option is set to sRGB xxxxxxxxx. Maybe you have used different option or it is disabled...

• Community Staff
4 hours ago, Olythor said:

with no GPU

Wait, wait. I just saw this. Is that maybe just the reason? Iirc Software rendering was removed but the question is, does the non Advanced OGL look the same?