Sign in to follow this  
munkittrick

Difficulty using Physical Sky lighting...

Hi guys! I'm putting the final touches on a character that I created for a project....and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I cannot make this work. I've attached the image for reference,. Essentially, I'd like to be able to use the Physical Sky to light my scene with additional lighting for dramatic effect. Problem is, when I use a floor object or even a plane, the Physical Sky doesn't allow me to create any kind of fall off. I was going to attempt to use a gradient as an alpha on my plane object....but I can't get the desired effect. I realize that the most logical thing to do would be to simply composite the entire scene with some manner of background and a compositing tag, but there's got to be a quick and dirty way to get the lighting effect without the hassle. What's best way to use the physical sky WITHOUT going to the physical renderer and getting some kind of distance fall off?

HNH_Crimson_Hawk_HELP.jpg

Physical sky uses an infinite light with no fall off. Use a sky and a standard light

• Topic Author
  • Is there a trick to using a sly and standard light to get the sunlight effects? I confess that I'm not a lighting guy. I am a modeller and animator...lighting in C4D does not appear to work as it does in the real world and maintaining the bright colors and definition without the physical sky has proven to be complicated.

Thank you for your time. It is appreciated!

Add a render sun tag to the light

Try a parallel spot with a sun tag

• Topic Author
  • Brilliant idea! THANK YOU!!!!

gotta get some zzzz's if ya need any more help someone will be here soon or else wait till i am back from la la land

Nah..every time i try and sleep  and get into dream land  hoards of nubile women chase me demanding my attention..can't be having that so back to cinema 4D

• Topic Author
  • You and me both. Mine keep trying to buy me drinks and pay my rent! I haven't slept in minutes!