Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

COVID-19 hits Disney Studios

https://www.awn.com/news/marvel-lucasfilm-pixar-other-disney-units-hit-furloughs

I would have thought that a company the size of Disney would have been able to retain their employees, but it seems they are shutting down a number of their operations and moving out film dates by 1 year (so much for this summer's slate of films).  IMHO, these are talented individuals and hard to replace as Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm are top name companies able to draw the best of the best.  But Disney, which is hurting in pretty much all of their markets, is thinking short term.  I hope that they can get their teams back when this pandemic ends...and it will end.

So if Disney is hurting that bad, then I have to wonder how the smaller companies are doing....especially the freelance professionals.

So my heart goes out to all graphic's professionals as I would imagine that at the very least, these are uncertain times.

It will turn around and your talents will be in demand once again.

Take care, be safe, and have hope.

Dave

Big corporations ALWAYS think short term. They strive to improve their next quarter for the shareholders and nothing else. I'd wager that people are better off in smaller companies right now than in these faceless giants.

People with this much talent will always find work. Maybe not now, but as soon as this pandemic is over they won't have any issues.

Admin

Well at least we at Maxon are safe for now, not only that, we even manged to get a raise as promised for the April and no one at this point got laid off, not even freelances that works for Maxon. So I would say we are pretty lucky and of course grateful. Hopefully it stays like that and this storm ends soon. 😞 

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    On 4/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Igor said:

Well at least we at MAXON are safe for now, not only that, we even manged to get a raise as promised for the April and no one at this point got laid off, not even freelances that works for MAXON. So I would say we are pretty lucky and of course grateful. Hopefully it stays like that and this storm ends soon. 😞 

That is great news.  Having worked with the software for close to 12 years now, I would view the talented individuals such as yourself, Hrvoje, Srek and others as part of my extended neighborhood.  While I may push/grumble/speak out against this feature over that feature, or this decision over that decision, at the core of all that noise (because it really is just noise....I admit that), I want MAXON and all its employees to be safe, prosperous and have a bright future ahead.

Now go work on improving the symmetry tool or their will be hell to pay!  😆

Dave

Admin
    21 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I want MAXON and all its employees to be safe, prosperous and have a bright future ahead.

Now go work on improving the symmetry tool or their will be hell to pay!  😆

I think a lot of us just want this to be the case. All of us are pretty much fanboys of the software and we just want it to see it in most epic state of matters. I am sure it will happen, I have no doubts. I have a unique opportunity to see both sides as a user and as someone who is part of this incredible engineering development machine. Unfortunately, it is very hard to explain some things when people simply didn't have a chance to go through the same. Maxon is in a unique position where old needs to meet new (in terms of code) and there is even a correct term for that but I forgot how its called. It's painful when you need to go through that, but eventually, everyone comes to that point, even Maya I think it's in the same situation and changing, adapting and adding new code to millions of lines of code is not an easy task. The more you add, the more complex it gets and there are plenty of more factors, but the light will shine again on Cinema 4D its just a matter of time, I have no doubts knowing my college engineers. :cowboypistol: