Dynamic balance table

@DasFrodo I've tried this balance thing in the past with the tilt proportional to the distance from the center, but that method is too extreme at the edges - tends to eject the sphere.

The way this system works is that there's a target sphere above the balance table. The target has opposite co-ords to the rolling sphere so if

sphere x, z = (150, 100)

target x, z = (-150, -100)

like a mirror image. I added some multiplication to tweak it

balancexp.PNG.5d328f9d1a21f723952af2c4cee81c5e.PNG

The table has aim constraint pointing at the target, the tilt effect being less at the edge - sort of arc tangent like the red curve here

2097437587_arctan.png.784be5488092a6d97a9b6398732cb652.png

so when the ball moves, the table tilts, which drives the upper universal joints, which in turn drive the lower UJs.

• Community Staff

Blows my mind how people come up with this stuff. My math is so horrible that I would never even attempt doing anything like that. Ever time I tried so far it ended in a nonfunctional desaster 😄

Great solution though! Way simpler than I thought.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

• Silver Contributor

Genius at work. I'm consumed with envy regarding this man's maths and coding skills! : )

Back to Khan Academy for me!

PS:  Not so envous of his texturing skills - but, hey you can't be a genius at everything!  (Northern humour  🤣 )