Lights in Alpha Channel Error

Hello! I'm trying to export an ProRender image with an Alpha Channel, but in the Alpha Channel, its registering the PBR light. Essentially I have a huge PBR light scaled up between these fractal blocks. If you were to composite Image 1 in After Effects, you'll see that the top of the image ins't transparent, because that's where the light is. 

For PBR, I went to Details and checked off "Show in Render" & "Show as Solid in Viewport", nothing.

Is this a glitch? It's not showing up in the Main Render itself...but it is showing up in the Multi-Pass Settings as well. On Image 2 is the Ambient Occlusion, and the top

of the image is only showing the giant blank square [the light], and not the shadows of the cubes, like on the bottom part of the image.

I took out the Light in Image 3, and as you can see [if you were to composite it], the top part will be transparent where the black gaps are.

Anyone have any guesses as to how I can fix this? ANy help would do.

Best,

Kenny

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Image 3.png

• Community Staff

Alright, this might just be one of those things that ProRender just can't do 🙄

I tried it with your file and an own file, just to make sure there is no setting you changed that I don't know of. Can't get it working, not even with Object Group ID buffers...

There just MIGHT still be a way, but I can't find it, sorry.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

15 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Alright, this might just be one of those things that ProRender just can't do 🙄

I tried it with your file and an own file, just to make sure there is no setting you changed that I don't know of. Can't get it working, not even with Object Group ID buffers...

There just MIGHT still be a way, but I can't find it, sorry.

No apology necessary, I'll try to report this to MAXON, maybe in a future update this can be addressed. Thank you for taking the time and working on it, I really appreciate it!

Best,

Budda