Sign in to follow this  
BobcatMike

Weight painting issues

Hi guys

I'm having some problems once I have created and rigged a character. I move the arm to the side and all sorts of errors around the armpit and lat area.

I am aware I need to fix the problem using the weight manager, I have read to never use the subtract tool (it also doesn't seem to actually work). I have played around adding more influence to other sections of the arm however this has not worked.

I also read that I should turn the strength of all the joints to 100 - which I have done but has not helped.

Could anyone offer any other solutions, or work arounds in their character work flow?

Cheers!

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 16.38.58.png

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 16.40.37.png

the subtract tool does work, i'm using it all the time. it can cause issues in rare cases with normalisation, but usually it doesn't. 

but you can fix your weights also by just using the weight brush in add mode. select your arm geometry, use a loops selection at the shoulder/bicep area and then do a fill selection to select the whole rest of the arm, then hide those polygons. now select the chest joint and paint weights for those vertices of the chest that move with the bicep. 

Thanks I will give this a try!