Hard Lines in the Render

Hello,

I've been playing with the Physical render for a couple of days now, and sometimes I find these hard distorted shadow edges of some

sort. They only seem to go away if I'm far away in the scene, or at a particular angle. These lines don't show up in the standard, render, nor

the physical render. They're showing up on the spheres, and and plane object especially. I attached the file just in case if anyone wants to take a look. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Please & Thank you!

Budda

Attractor Ball0106.png

PinBall.png

Cloners_Animated Dynamics.c4d

• Community Staff

Your scene is way, WAY too big. You have lights that are 250m wide. You should ALWAYS try to work in scales that make sense. That way this wouldn't happen in the first place 😉

That said, in this case there is two ways to fix this:

1. Scale the scene with the Scene Scale tool
  2. Increase the Ray Epsilon in the ProRender settings

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

11 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Your scene is way, WAY too big. You have lights that are 250m wide. You should ALWAYS try to work in scales that make sense. That way this wouldn't happen in the first place 😉

That said, in this case there is two ways to fix this:

1. Scale the scene with the Scene Scale tool
  2. Increase the Ray Epsilon in the ProRender settings

I understand, thank you! I'll keep that in mind and improve on that method moving forward!

Best,

Budda