Sign in to follow this  
Kylemonroe

Suggestions for Octane optimized PC

Hello fellow artists! 🙂

Firstly, Hello, I’m new to this forum and I hope I’m posting in the right section.

General Question: I’m looking to invest in a new PC that would primarily be used for rendering realistic CG work using The Octane Render engine. I’ve been working in C4D for years but have been limited to using the built in Physical renderer which is very very slow. I hope to speed up my renders as fast as I can while also boosting the realism of my CGI.

I have a budget of $2000-$2500 and was considering going for the Razor Blade 17 inch laptop but I have a feeling I may get more power from a desktop. I’m relatively new to how the specs of a computer helps speed up renders but I have done some research. Any guidance would be very appreciated 🙂

Has anyone had any experience with the Razor Blade for rendering in Octane?

Should I be asking this on a different site?

PS: Former Mac user for many years but Mac has been really slacking for CGI work.

Hi,

I'm rendering with Redshift, but hardware wise, same goes for Octane. Go with 2-3 RTX 2070 Super or RTX 2080 Super cards (or one RTX 2080 Titan, and add second one later), high IPC cpu, no need for bunch of cores, speed per core is more important, and 32-64Gb of ram.

Of course, if you have higher budget, you can add more cards or more ram, but this is good for start.

Dane