Sign in to follow this  
pilF

key mesh for blender

Well this looks like a lot of fun to play with, Key Mesh for Blender

Proof of concept anim test.
"KeyMesh" is a Experimental Feature to create ifferent meshes per frame in the same object.
Dev:Pablo Dobarro
Test and Anim by Daniel Martinez Lara

Blender is interesting, and the discussion how blender might help c4d users is too, but this is no Blender forum and therefor we dont have to open a new thread for every blender news that is around.

best regards

Jops

I think the best way is to have Blender discussion, news restricted to one thread.

To be fair it's under 3D General Discussion?

Maybe there's a bit of fatigue from Blender getting mentioned in different threads, but there are not many Blender threads here.

• Topic Author
  • While I can in a way sympathize with the aversion to non-C4D software promotion, after all this is a C4D hub, creating a C4D-only bubble seems a bad idea to me. Knowledge about new trends and techniques in 3d opens up new possibilities, stimulates growth. Important ingredients if you run a company, big or small. And demand for a certain solution promotes the development in C4D.

You could argue I should visit other dedicated sites for that. But I would like C4Dcafe to be an inspiring open place. So a post about the awesome poly crunching and ligthing capabilities of the Unreal Engine 5 by Epic should be possible. And yes post about the ubiquitous Blender too. As suggested a new subject heading would be a good compromise. Something like Third party or Industry news.

Philip

20 hours ago, pilF said:

Well this looks like a lot of fun to play with, Key Mesh for Blender

Proof of concept anim test.
    "KeyMesh" is a Experimental Feature to create ifferent meshes per frame in the same object.
    Dev:Pablo Dobarro
    Test and Anim by Daniel Martinez Lara

I saw this, and I was really impressed! By I think this is only early test stage right? 
    I also love the wax look ❤️ !

4 hours ago, pilF said:

While I can in a way sympathize with the aversion to non-C4D software promotion, after all this is a C4D hub, creating a C4D-only bubble seems a bad idea to me. Knowledge about new trends and techniques in 3d opens up new possibilities, stimulates growth. Important ingredients if you run a company, big or small. And demand for a certain solution promotes the development in C4D.

You could argue I should visit other dedicated sites for that. But I would like C4Dcafe to be an inspiring open place. So a post about the awesome poly crunching and ligthing capabilities of the Unreal Engine 5 by Epic should be possible. And yes post about the ubiquitous Blender too. As suggested a new subject heading would be a good compromise. Something like Third party or Industry news.

Philip

I am not the c4d police and I can nuderstand why more and more discussion is Blender related ( as it develops faster then C4D and quite some C4D users got alienated by the new Company policy). The new c4dcafe forum feels more like one forum instead of many, so despite you posted in general discussion it pops up on top on the main page. two of the upper three topics are blender related (in my browser at least). Maybe that is the reason I feel that blender topics take over the forum.

all the best.

Jops

21 minutes ago, Jops said:

I am not the c4d police and I can nuderstand why more and more discussion is Blender related ( as it develops faster then C4D and quite some C4D users got alienated by the new Company policy). The new c4dcafe forum feels more like one forum instead of many, so despite you posted in general discussion it pops up on top on the main page. two of the upper three topics are blender related (in my browser at least). Maybe that is the reason I feel that blender topics take over the forum.

all the best.

Jops

A simple solution is create more C4D related threads for discussion so they appear on top.

An even simpler solution -- create Blendercafe.com!!!

Keep posting in the thread that you're complaining exists in the forum.

Can simply choose not to post in a Blender thread.