Sign in to follow this  
DouglasRodrigues

Hair Feather Rotation - Dynamics

Hi Guys, its my first post here. 

So, i'm having a problem with the rotation of the feather on dynamics/transform situations.

The feather direction dont follow the transformed object, it just stay rotating and 'looking' for the same direction. 

Attached the c4d archive with a simple demonstration.
The hair rotate aproprietly but the feather dont.

theres some kind of solution for that? I'm trying to rig and animate a wing btw but i'm stucked on it.

thanks a lot

Asa Rig 03.c4d

Oh dude - I really wouldn't try and use real feathers for this (ie those you get out of the hair system) controlling them is a proper nightmare in this sort of character animation environment, and much more hassle than the result is worth. Instead poly model each feather and texture it nicely, then you can rig and make the feathers do exactly what you tell them SO much more easily.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Hey man, i really apreciated your coment. I was thinking about move on from feather system and its very nice to read it from a expert. Thanks a lot for the tip, will save my time and make me move to the right direction.
    Best regards mate.

There IS a use for hair in a wing setup, but it is not in the feathers - it's to use the hair itself to simulate the fluffy bits where the feathers get too small to be models like on the leading edge of an eagle's wing (top right corner mainly)...

Golden Eagle Wing Interior | Eagle feathers, Feather symbolism ...

CBR