Sign in to follow this  
NoSleepTilBK

What Mice Do You Like?

I use a Wacom tablet for most things, but it's not great for C4D, so I use the most basic Logitech mouse ever.  I'm thinking about getting a vertical mouse for hand pain.  There are a lot of options out there: gaming mice with tons of wheels and buttons, space mice ($$!), etc.  I also do a lot of CAD in Rhinoceros, and I'm starting to use Unreal Engine for some 3D tasks like simulations and fast renders, which has a camera control system that I find hard to get used to (but maybe that's because I'm not a gamer).  I'd love to hear any positive or negative pointing device experiences...  (mac luser here) Thanks!

I have a Space Explorer under my left hand, so I am not a stranger to spending cash on things that really work and save time, but I am ashamed, or rather 'should be ashamed, but am not' of the bog standard Logitech $5 wonder I've had under my RH for about 7 years ! 🙂 2 buttons and a scroll wheel, and nothing else needed, in my workflow at least. I would miss a wacom for sculpting, but only that - other people claim they are essential for regular modelling too, but I haven't found that to be the case at all, and I do modelling most of all...

If you are getting pain, which is definitely a thing to avoid, then I'd spend $15 on one of those really nice padded cushions that sits just in front of your mouse, and has all but alleviated the pain I used to get in my tendons and wrist...

CBR

I use a gaming mouse and mechanical keyboard on my main PC. Pretty poor decision on my part. The keyboard sounds like a typewriter and the mouse is too clunky. With my laptop I use the cheapest bargain basement small wireless mouse & keyboard which I love.

I used to love my mad catz rat 9! All I have now is a small crappy hp one 😞

906693716_612EPvCvbL._AC_SX466_.jpg.74e644be4146aa5395a14bbee1661b8e.jpg

I use a Wacom for C4D and have no problems with it - what issues do you experience?