Sign in to follow this  
Bombillapiripi

object doesnt go back to normal after applying soft body dynamics

Posted (edited)

Hi! I'm new to c4d and I am having some trouble using soft body dynamics. I changed some parameters of the soft body dynamics tag (pressure, volume conservation, stiffness, etc) and I added a vertex map, and they work when you click play, but when you go back to the beginning of the timeline, the object doesn't go back to normal. That means, the object stays inflated in keyframe 0. If I change the parameters again, lets say, increasing the pressure even more, and click play, the objects inflates even more, but the starting point is an object that was already inflated, not the original one I created. If I delete the soft body tag, the object stays inflated.  Anyone has been through this problem? Thanks guys!

Objects_experiment_2.c4d

Edited by Bombillapiripi
Moved to correct section, removed incorrect tags

Pls upload your scene file.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • @Cerbera I have just attached the file to the post. Any idea on why it happens? Thanks

Posted (edited)

Now that's interesting. Because in the versions I tested it with (21.115 & 21.207) it does go back every time I rewind to 0. So I am left wondering why that might be that it doesn't for you... if it's the same file and we're in the same environment. I am on a PC - could that be the difference ?

Cool animation btw 🙂

CBR

Edited by Cerbera
    Added info pls refresh page

• Topic Author
  • Posted (edited)

Hi @Cerbera, thanks for your answer. Thats really weird, I am on a pc too, and also working with c4d 21.207. Maybe I need to reinstall the program again. Just one quick thing I didnt mention: the object is supposed to go back to a torus (no wrinkles no inflation). In my pc, when you click play, the inflated torus becomes even more inflated. Does that happen in your computer too? This is the tutorial I used, in which the torus inflates, and when you go back to 0 it becomes a torus again (no inflation) 

Thanks1

Edited by Bombillapiripi
    missing content

OK that clarifies things. We are getting the same result, but I had never seen it in its torus form - when I first opened it it was already partially inflated, but playing inflated it further, and then every subsequent restart did the same, so I presumed that was correct, which I now see it isn't...

I have to go out now, so can't explore further, but may have time to come back to it later...

CBR