Sign in to follow this  
unbelievable

Cloth simulation

Could someone please tell me why this T shirt doesn't work with Dress-O-Matic? I've been trying for hours now and nothing seems to work.

Apologies if you see this kind of post all the time, I've read a few of them trying to figure this out.

Test.c4d

Its the cloth tag on the body, once you delete that it all works as expected.

Deck

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, deck said:

Its the cloth tag on the body, once you delete that it all works as expected.

Deck

Thank you so much, that was driving me insane! Do we not need cloth collider tags any more then?

STOP PRESS.. ah, seems I gave you the wrong explanation there, removing the tag did solve that problem but I did then wonder how it would work when moving as you implied, I don't do much animating and none with characters, so I checked that and obviously you do need the collider, but then the same thing happened when dynamics kicked in.

So on further investigation it turns out the normals on the body are inverted, which explains everything, so once you reverse that it does indeed work as expected and also reacts properly when animating.

Deck

• Topic Author
  • Aaaargh, so they are. That's it. I'm sure I tried that with both the T shirt and the body, but they were probably the opposite of each other. Thanks so much for your help.

Yep, dynamics doesn't care what the Normals are doing, but Cloth very much does...

CBR