Sign in to follow this  
gkhnd

How can I make this mesh ?

Hi, i am using cinema 4d for 6 months, so I am still having trouble when modeling. I have a photo and I want to convert it to a polygon. I tried different ways adding hair object and alpha texture, but I couldn't make it properly. and the hair object is extremely slowing down my system. Anybody has an advise about how can I model this object?  

IMG_1237 kopyası.PNG

I suppose you mean "to a polygon object", as a single polygon would just need a texture.

Convoluted stuff like this is by no means easy. I would maybe use particle trails. Hair would not react well to the depth of the object, and to curl around the cylindrical holes it would need colliders. In any case, this is a multi-million polygon object with the according system load.

The main question is, do you need to model it? If you don't go too close to the object, you may get away with a layered set of flat polygons with alphas and drawn/photographed fuzz.

• Topic Author
  • yes I need to model it because I will animate the spaces. I think I need to improve my "thinking particle" skill