Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
AmeyShivakumar

Basic Material questions

Recommended Posts

Hello People, 

This is my first query here. I'm a communication design student and I've just started using cinema 4d for a project.

I wanted to create a cheese piece which is closely triangular in shape. I followed a few tutorials and managed to create something decent which I was happy with. 

Concern 1: The texture of it is totally off. 

Excuse the blue colour that's intentional, there's a story to it.

9253O.png

 

Concern 2: When I render in view. It loses it's appeal and is a bit dull. The lighting seems to be sufficient. It's also pixelated of sorts. The model is a bit small could that be a reason?

9255N.png

 

Concern 3: I'd still be very happy if I could get this as my export tbh. But when I render it to an mp4 (because I have some animations in it) it's a disaster. LOL it entirely changes shape. 

92584.png

 

Please do help. Thank you in advance. Anybody with any help or any tutorials or anybody who'd like to personally guide me. Please do get in touch. I need serious help here. Also please don't hate. I've just started learning and I'd like to get better at it.

Peace. Hope everyone's keeping safe 😄

 

(I've attached what I think is the scene file, Please excuse my complete lack of knowledge of C4d. My lack of understanding of it, itself amazes me. But if I don't try, then I'm never going to learn, also I feel this project could be represented the best way through C4d. If it ain't the right file then please let me know. Also if you could leave a not on how to attach the right file, that'd be great. Again I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge here. Thanks people )

Cheese model.c4d

Share this post


Link to post

Without a scene file or more information we have no idea what you're doing wrong. Consider attaching a (simplified) scene and someone will probably look at it 

Share this post


Link to post

Please read our guide to how to post on the cafe, after which we can avoid you posting in the wrong place with the sort of post title we really don't want, and not including the information we need to be able to help. You will also need to fix your profile so that it tell us which version you are using, which is not Beta, unless you are on the MAXON Beta testing team, which we can tell you are not by the type of question you are asking.

 

CBR

Share this post


Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, rfanoni said:

    Without a scene file or more information we have no idea what you're doing wrong. Consider attaching a (simplified) scene and someone will probably look at it 

     

    4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

    Please read our guide to how to post on the cafe, after which we can avoid you posting in the wrong place with the sort of post title we really don't want, and not including the information we need to be able to help. You will also need to fix your profile so that it tell us which version you are using, which is not Beta, unless you are on the MAXON Beta testing team, which we can tell you are not by the type of question you are asking.

     

    CBR

    My bad. Sorry I should've taken the time to go through the rules first. I'm using the MAXON cinema 4D R21. Sorry I put in the wrong answer. I'm glad you understand that I ain't on the MAXON Beta testing team by seeing the type of question I ask rather than just seeing the part where I mention I 've just begun using cinema 4d.  (Kinda sounds demeaning). About the information I need to include, I really wish I was at that level where I knew what was wrong. or what information I exactly had to communicate. Anyways, thanks for the help and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, rfanoni said:

    Without a scene file or more information we have no idea what you're doing wrong. Consider attaching a (simplified) scene and someone will probably look at it 

    Hey, Thank you. I understand. Will try if there's a better way to convey what I'm doing or I'm sure I'll figure it out overtime. But, Thank you for your help 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    45 minutes ago, AmeyShivakumar said:

    I'm glad you understand that I ain't on the MAXON Beta testing team by seeing the type of question I ask rather than just seeing the part where I mention I 've just begun using cinema 4d.  (Kinda sounds demeaning).

    No no you misunderstand me - it was you saying you were a beginner that made me think you wouldn't be on the beta team !

     

    Anyway, thank you for checking out the posting advice, and changing your profile. As @DasFrodo says, if you can attach a scene file that is the best and fastest way to show us your problems, because our answers depend on understanding your whole setup, so we need to see it...

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...