Sign in to follow this  
BatzDigital

Spiderman/girl Gender Reveal

I wanted to do something original and something different for our gender reveal, so last year I 3D modeled and animated a animation that we watched in a movie theater. I created two versions with a boy and girl version so I also did not know the ending until the day of.  It was created in Cinema4d and rendered with Octane. Let me know what you guys think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQRAusxtkw

I also started creating some fun mini VFX shots

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd4OQ7QVz_53yLT5y6t9RNQ

Looks great. What is a gender reveal exactly? I mean, I can probably guess. But who is doing the revealing and who is it being revealed to?

• Topic Author
  • 35 minutes ago, Freemorpheme said:

Looks great. What is a gender reveal exactly? I mean, I can probably guess. But who is doing the revealing and who is it being revealed to?

A gender reveal is where you find out if you are having a baby boy or girl. We did it with all our friends and family in a movie theater watching this animation. Most gender reveals are with like balloons or cupcakes and if it’s pink it’s a girl if it’s blue it’s a boy. So I wanted to do something cool and different.

Well it looks great. How long did it take?

• Topic Author
  • Probably over 100 hours...but that’s with modeling, animating, editing, sound design

Very nicely done and I just love the Stan Lee cameo.  Also went to your website and played the VFX shorts!  The family just loved the baby blast off...they weren't expecting it.  Hysterical.  My favorite was the Star Wars fan film - excellent lighting, sets and animation but the best part was the look on your son.  Not sure how you got your son to look so serious but it definitely created a chill (don't show that film to any future babysitters).

Overall, just a tremendous display of talent .... and a family that knows how to have some fun!

Dave